Monday, April 18, 2005

I've been perusing the varied blogs on the internet and I've come to the realization that mine is not all that interesting. I'm okay with that. I created it for my own amusement and I'm happy with the idea that I can openly relay my feelings and thoughts to the void that is my blog.

Barton has abandoned me. I checked his site this morning knowing I'd be utterly disappointed. My time is coming so much faster than I thought it would and it doesn't help that I count down every day with Ian.

Today it went like this:

Me: "Ian! How many more days??"
Ian: "Umm..." *blank stare as he ponders the math*
Me: "Ian, only four more days after today!" I hold up my fingers for him to count, which he does. Ian can count to thirty without assistance but he can't subtract yet.
Ian: "FOUR MORE DAYS!"
Me: "then what??"
Ian: "COLOWADO!" *smiles as though possessed*

You see, Ian decided recently that he dislikes attending his daycare and the countdown is how we've managed to keep him from attaching himself to my legs in the morning, thus making me immobile and incapable of getting to work. Now, in reality, Ian loves daycare and always has. He's been attending the same daycare since he was nine months old so he knows the entire staff and most of the children in his class. No, the real issue is Ian's desire to see me squirm while trying to leave the daycare. He knows I'm in a hurry. He knows I want coffee. He knows I hate it when he's unhappy. He knows I'll eventually say something along the lines of "how about we go get you some hot chocolate at Starbucks after school today, hm? But only if you're good." Now, this whole counting-the-days-until-we-leave thing is saving me a fortune in hot chocolate but I still feel like such a sucker.

*sighs* Yeah. My kids own me.

1 comment(s):

Jenny said...

Yeah, he does have that kind of smile sometimes.