Mike Barton will be departing Las Vegas this Saturday. Just a week before I make my departure. It hasn't really hit me yet, I don't think. I wonder if I'll be sad on my last day here. CL has been a staple in my life for so long. Through my divorce from David, my relationship with Mike, the birth of our son, the death of my sister and my Shayla. Seven years is a long time. I look back at all of my time here and I wonder if people really remember what it was like. I know some of them do. Judy and Jesse do. Being an agent was so much fun. Being a supervisor was so much harder once you actually had the job. Being an OM *sighs* well, you work for Mike. High pressure is a good way to describe it. You either loved it here or you hated it and I loved it. I mean, it has had its share of BS to deal with. Every company does.... but the grass isn't always greener on the other side and I'm not leaving because I'm unhappy here. I'll miss this place. These people. They're my family.



3 comment(s):
I remember. I remember when working here as an agent was fun; when it was a relaxed atmosphere. Everybody did their part to get the job done, and they did it in their own way, and it was cool.
That was one of the things that attracted me to CL- the atmosphere and the colors and the challenge all rolled in to one. It was the best of the tech sector's bits all glommed into one.
I wish that IPO had gone through. *laughs* Not that CL would have offered us any significant stock options.
*sighs*
I'm really going to miss you, Kyria...
We had a lot of fun before we had to think of it as a business. That'll suck the life out of anything. But we managed to make the most of it, even after that. I can't imagine working anyplace that will be this much fun with this many interesting people again.
Especially in KC. I should probably post this anonymously. I'd hate to have this thrown in my face at an interview.
I can see that happening, too.
Post a Comment