Monday, April 11, 2005

Trust. It's so simple a concept. So important in everything we do. So devastating when abused or broken. I tell myself that I'm worthy of trust. I try to live up to the expectations of others... the expectations I have of myself. I value my relationships more than anything in life. People you can really count on to be there for you, to love you despite the fact that you have faults, are hard to find and I do my best not to take them for granted... but I'm flighty and can be very selfish. I recognize this about myself and, for the most part, can control my sometimes inappropriate impulses. Sometimes I make mistakes, though, and those mistakes can impact others in ways that I can't grasp as well as I'd like. I have a hard time wrapping my brain around the concept that I've hurt someone. When it hits me I'm often wreaked with guilt. Guilt isn't something I'm very good at.

You know who you are. I'm sorry.