Tuesday, May 17, 2005

There's been so much going on and I never find time to post. Mike was just hired on as the front desk manager at the Christie Lodge in Avon. He works with both my uncle and my cousin now. :) It's great to have connections... but in the end I know that Michael sold himself. Jenny and her Mike are engaged now. How wonderful is that? I'm sure that there are skeptics out there but I'm all for love happening strong and fast. David graduated from UNLV, for which I am so proud. I miss him. His quiet support of me has always been so accessible and now that he is far away I feel like I'm missing a piece of my family.

It's beautiful here. The weather is fickle and it rains in what they all call the "mud season". When I got here a few weeks ago everything was still dead from the winter and now I look around at a canvas of green. Everything is coming to life. It's amazing. I walk outside to go to my car and by the time I get there I'm smiling just because it's good to be alive here. That sounds so corny, I know. It's true, though. We took the boys up to the alpine gardens in Vail last weekend and as we walked along the nature trails we saw birds and squirrels. I have pictures of my kids enjoying the river... and it was a joy to watch them as they looked for fish in the clear streams. We saw a beaver dam. It was uneventful. *smiles*

Schools are amazing. They have salad bars and hot lunches that are more than soft tacos from Taco Bell. Matt's school is about the same size as his middle school there with about a third of the children. Only 90 kids in all of the 7th grade. His classes are no more than 25 or so to a teacher. Zach's is the same way... and the principals of both schools came out and met us and the kids when we registered them. Made small talk and asked questions about the kids. I took Matt to school late yesterday and they called me to ask if he was okay. Wow.

I miss everyone. I really do. I can't wait until you visit.

1 comment(s):

Jenny said...

I wanna come visit! I wanna come visit!!

PS, I have all but three of the images you picked before and I've resized 'em all and put 'em into their own folder and now I just have to mod the layout colors a bit and I'm done! :D (well, once I figure out how to get blogspot to use php)