Friday, August 19, 2005

Random things:

I think one of my sisters has a drinking problem. I told my parents while they were here visiting on the way back from Wyoming. They were in Yellowstone and up at our family cabin (which is ginormous, three cabins combined in to one) with all of the granddaughters. Next year they're taking all of the grandsons.

My kids call my grandmother great-grandma... like they should. They call my mom good-grandma. Just sharing because I think it's cute.

Ian will look at something in awe and say "that's SO BEAUTIFUL" like he's twenty instead of five. I love that.

I love hanging out with my sister Mariah. Her name is really spelled "Maria" but she added an "h" so people would stop calling her Maria.

My sister Megan makes me want to be a better human being. Seriously.

There are few true loves in my life that aren't love by default (read "family" (which doesn't mean I love them less)). I choose to love without judgement or regret only four people. I try to remember that because it makes me remember how remarkable those people are.

I can be captivated by the way something or someone smells.

Music can make me cry.

I sing hymns when I'm afraid and it 'settles' me. I'm afraid of the dark. My sister, Shara, once snuck up on me in a dark warehouse and I punched her. Hard. Really hard. Then I felt bad.

I miss her... and I feel guilty that I wasn't a better sister to her.

My sisters have the ability and capacity to be more than they are but that they are happy is all that is important.

0 comment(s):