It's getting cold here. I closed my windows last night for the first time since I've moved here. When we left for work, there was ice on our windshield and driving in to Beaver Creek this morning we saw snow on some of the peaks. I'm really excited about the cold... nervous but excited. There will be snow on the ground by Halloween and the first heavy snow will hit before Thanksgiving. The colors are starting to turn. I can drive through the valley and see yellow and red brush mixed with the green pines and aspens. I can't wait for the aspens to turn, though. If I can, I want to drive up past Sylvan Lake after the turn and see them all... that's where the largest aspen grove is, which happens to be the worlds largest living organism (thanks to their root system). There's so much to look forward to this winter and I'm almost wanting to slam on the brakes for fear that it'll happen too soon. :) Christmas is right around the corner... how'd that happen?



0 comment(s):
Post a Comment