Pagan is very, very cute. He's so cute I'm even forgiving of the messes he leaves for me to clean up. Plus, he won't go potty in his crate so... half the battle is won!
I haven't posted anything about Katrina. I don't really have a good reason for this. I think about Katrina a great deal. Mike, the kids and I watch CNN for updates constantly and I'm always reading about it. Mike has family there. Some of them were stuck in attics. They still can't find four of the cousins. It's a tragic thing. I cry sometimes when I read about the horror that those people are going through and, while it is difficult for me to understand why they remained in the city despite the mandatory evacuation, I still cannot forgive our government for its lack of response to the disaster. Is there any real excuse? Something solid that says "we let people die for *insert purpose here*"? Are my expectations of our government just too high? That we save our own... that we look after our own??? It's shameful.



2 comment(s):
Shameful is what it is.
We helped the tsunami victims faster than we helped our own.
I hope Mike's family is okay. I wish I'd visited before all this happened, I'm sure it was quite the awesome place.
I wish I had, too.
Post a Comment