I had my very first holiday dinner last night. It was, I am very pleased to say, a success. I made apricot-rosemary stuffed turkey breast with gratin potatoes and honey-mustard glazed carrots. And rolls. :) Yummy. No time to bake pie, though. I was very busy.
So, I promised Mike I'd post this. The recipe for the turkey breast called for a bone-in turkey which you then de-bone. At dinner I was commenting on how nicely the turkey turned out and I say to Mike "Thank you for boning the turkey, honey" I go about eating because I'm too dense to realize that everyone else at the table has frozen. Then I hear a very tentative "you're welcome" and everyone breaks in to laughter. It occurs to me what I've said after a moment. Needless to say I was blushing, crying and laughing all at the same time.
I also want to say another very sincere "I'm Sorry" to Sara. You see, my bird has developed another strong dislike and it happens to be her. Poor thing. The bird hopped on her and bit her really hard on her neck. I felt awful. Mike felt awful. When she left she joked that I had been training the bird to come after her and that she needed to leave before it gouged her eyes out. :\ I felt bad all over again.
The kids got exactly what they wanted, which is awesome. That's what it's all about, after all.
That's it for now. I'm very tired today and Mike got to stay home. I wish I could have slept in with him.



2 comment(s):
Hahahahahahahaaha!!! BONE!
Boning the turkey.
HAHAHHAAA
Oh man, I would have been SO RED. :)
I heard the story last night when we got home. That was a classic, I'll admit. Glad you had a nice Christmas
Post a Comment