It's been a long week. It's been pleasant, though. The weather is warming up a little and some of the snow is melting off. Weird to see green grass under the snow. It never occurred to me that the grass remained so green.
We went with the boys to see King Kong last night. I loved it. I loved it more when, at 10:45pm, we walked out of the small theater on Capitol to a still-busy small town. It's never busy here so the New Year bustle at the restaurant across the street was a little bit odd. We stopped to feel the snow flakes fall before we got all piled in to the car to drive the two blocks to our place. When there is snow on the ground we drive it. In the summer it's just a nice stroll down the street.
Broke down the Christmas tree today and put everything away... well, we're still putting everything away. It's depressing to see Christmas slip away but I'm so very excited about this coming year that it's hard to remain melancholy for any significant amount of time. David and Bianca will be here in March and Matt will start High School in August. Ian will escape the confines of Kindergarten and Zachary will be in school without his older brother for the first time ever. Oh, and best not to forget Ken's upcoming nuptials. So many exciting things to come!
And, because I'm me, I need to share this photo.
My poor dog must endure tortures to acquire this high-fashion look.



0 comment(s):
Post a Comment