Friday, January 13, 2006

Ten weeks to Vegas.


In other news: I can't get over how much I really enjoy my life here. Waking up to the fresh snow after a storm that comes through in the night fills me with exhilaration. The ice-cold air that hits my bare feet when it creeps in a door that wasn't shut all of the way makes me smile (and gasp!). Seeing the soft glow of the full moon reflected in the snow on the mountains is bliss. Driving home after work has become a pleasure instead of a chore. Speaking of chores, though, I really need to clean my house this weekend... and maybe go sledding. How many of you are going sledding this weekend? Huh?

You know, my ex-boss used to give me a hard time (jokingly, I hope) about moving to snow country. He told me to call him when I got the big clump of icky gray ice built up on my wheel wells. That's happened. Called him when it happened. Still can't help but love it. Maybe it's different when you've gone your whole life without real seasons... maybe it's just different for me. I can't wait to share it with my friends, though. March will be a good month. Well... as long as they get here before it turns in to mud season. I've been informed that with all of the snow we've gotten we're going to have one heck of a mud season this year. *wrinkles nose*

4 comment(s):

Jason said...

I have to say the same thing about Kansas City (except we don't have snow all over the place for the entirety of winter). It's great having real seasons and getting snow from time to time.

It's the little joys in life that keep me going from day to day. I just couldn't do it otherwise.

Kyria said...

I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.

-Laura Ingalls Wilder

Ken said...

I'm glad you are enjoying your transition to a real winter. I couldn't do it. A fresh snowfall to me means getting up early so I can shovel the driveway and then negotiating the roads where people forget what it's like to drive in the snow. But, that's me...

Kyria said...

Yeah, it's not like that here. The associations take care of the plowing in town, for the most part. We heat our car up for 30 min in the morning and it melts the ice from the windows so we hardly ever have to scrape. People here don't seem to really forget how to drive in it... but, to be fair, they REALLY maintain the roads well.