Friday, February 10, 2006

6 More Weeks! :)

Not a lot going on. I'm in a food coma right now. I had the most amazing lunch... red-pepper bisque and half of a blackened salmon sandwich. My belly is a little too happy right now for my brain to work much.

You know, I really don't like Las Vegas. When I'm there I feel this underlying tension.... an overall feeling of malcontent. I'm excited only to see my friends. I don't look forward to the air I can see or the traffic I can't escape. The mountains that surround the city don't inspire me but, instead, I feel confined to the space they hold in their center. Don't get me wrong. There are perks to being in the city. The restaurants, the shows, the shops... the variety that is city life. I mean, I have to drive a half an hour east to the nearest Walmart (which I try very hard to avoid) or west to the nearest Target (which I'm far more apt to be seen in). I don't know, though. I think it's been a good trade.

2 comment(s):

Jason said...

You don't miss it. Don't even try to convince yourself that you do.

I don't miss it either and I'm glad to say it :)

New White Keds said...

If you think the air and traffic here is bad, I would hate to get a report from you after a week in LA. LOL... This is a touch of heaven by comparison. BUT, I will give you the feeling of confinement from the mountains, rather than majestic beauty.

In any case, we are totally looking forward to seeing you.