After I got back from my last trip to Las Vegas I was teh slacker about walking. I was just so tired. I'm always tired when I get back, though, and I shouldn't have let that stop me. Well, regardless, I started back up again tonight. Ouch. I can feel that week I was a slacker. :\ I have to say, though, that the incentive to get outside is really powerful. It's beautiful here this time of year. It's beautiful any time of year, really... but right now *sighs* it's my favorite next to that first snow. Everything is so green and the rivers are swollen with snow-melt... the ground is covered in splotchy carpets of purple wildflowers and yellow dandelions. And, I swear, the smell of the crabapple blossoms makes my heart feel lighter. I can breathe in that sweet scent, listen to the river rushing while the blackbirds call to each other and be as contented as I remember ever feeling in my life thus far. Isn't it always the simple things? The things you don't realize you miss until you have them?
Which totally brings me back to my new-found love of chocolate soy milk.
I miss reading. And drawing. I keep telling myself I'll start up again but I feel so uninspired. Reading will be easier. I started reading Wuthering Heights again last weekend. Again. The drawing, though... bah. We'll see what the summer brings. Maybe I'll start drawing wildflowers up in Vail or something. We're headed up to the gardens next weekend.



0 comment(s):
Post a Comment