It's been a while since I've waxed romantic over this beautiful place I live and I feel the need to share again just how in love I am with my home. Eagle is an amazing place. It doesn't hold the alpine splendor of Avon, Vail or Beaver Creek but it has it's own charm. The water birds near the river and in the wetlands down stream. The green, green grass of the golf course and the way the sun turns the mountains to the east pink in the sunset. Walking to the movie theater on a summer night... feeling the breeze cool my home in the evening. Everything about it captivates me. I'm happy here. Mike and I have talked about moving up-valley but, really... why? For a few more trees and a boat load more tourists? No, thank you. I have to admit, though, that I love the way the cottonwood pollen floats on the air up here... it's like snow in spring. Maybe when I get around to getting my own house (you know, SOMEDAY) I'll plant cottonwood trees. :) Maybe.
(I had to add this picture to illustrate how wonderful my home is. This is a sunset in Eagle... and it's pretty typical as far as Eagle sunsets go.)



2 comment(s):
I would so love to live someplace like that...
Yeah. Stay away from the touristy spots. It'll just be a hassle. But it does sound nice.
Post a Comment