Tuesday, December 26, 2006

My Week In Review...

Sushi with Jenny and Bee was an experience. In a good way. As usual. Fantastic chopsticks from Jenny and much laughter. And much sushi. Raw fish is my favorite EVAR!

I cut seventeen inches off of my hair. I feel wonderful. Free.

Dinner was yummy. I didn't get the ghastly food poisoning that half of our group managed to get. Thank all that is holy. I really like my sister's friend, Matt. He's awesome.

I had latkes. They make my belly happy.

Date night was great. I ate way too much steak and just couldn't manage to convince my brain that my stomach was full in time to stop the pain of over-eating. Gah. Pain. It was SO GOOD though!

Christmas was really... special. My mother made me upset. Really, really upset. It's all okay now, though, and dinner turned out so fabulous that I was blushing with the compliments that came rolling my way. Always the best kind of holiday dinner, right?

Then off home...

Do you ever get the feeling, when leaving someone(s) you love, that you're making a horrible decision? I was so ready to come home... but driving out of town I could almost feel my very cells screaming "NO!"

I miss so much.

4 comment(s):

Ken said...

First, glad you made it home safe and sound.

It was good to see you. It wasn't so good to be ill Sunday Morning/Evening. Somehow, I managed to avoid feeling awful in the middle of the day.

Anyway, it's interesting how family can make you so happy yet so frustrated. It's the same here.

Jenny said...

Just how many people got sick? Should we call them? We should let them know.

David said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the latkes. Next time I'll make them properly and they'll be even better. My roommate had a couple and decided to put f*king ketchup on them. I was upset. I couldn't watch her eat, and I ridiculed her the entire time with my back toward her plate. Bah. F*king ketchup.

Kyria said...

I would have laughed. Just imagining the look on his face is making me smile.

I can't wait to see you in February!