Monday, January 29, 2007

There is so much going on that I can't really talk about on this blog... lucky for me there's a lot that I can.

A few weeks ago my sister was diagnosed with ASD (Atrial Septal Defect). For those of you that don't know already, this means she has a hole in her heart that is allowing blood that has already been cycled through her lungs to seep back through to be cycled again. Basically, she's reusing her blood. It's a defect that is usually identified in children but, given the way we were raised, was not identified in her at a young age. Now, the thing with this is that there are some people that go their entire lives without ever showing symptoms... but my sister is NOT one of those people. Hence, some of the recent drama that's been happening in my life. Anyway, she gets to see a cardiologist today to go over her "bubble test" and get a better idea of what's going to need to happen. I look for her to need heart surgery. I'm almost certain of it.

The only other thing I can say is that there are a vast number of babies entering into my life this year. Vast. Obviously "vast" means more than one... however, I need to say that they are not MY babies. :) I'm very excited. YAY BABIES.

This weekend was blissfully uneventful. Seems to be a weekend trend these days, though. :) I've been getting that itch to be outside and active lately. A lot. I feel like a slug, which is bad. Blech. So, yeah, this weekend Matt and Zach both started in SOS (Snowboard Outreach Society) where they are learning to snowboard. If they want to be involved more next season they go into what's called the "university" where they're responsible for doing community service in order to participate in the program. I think this is very cool and they're both really excited about it. They came home all amped up and ready to go back out!

While they were out we took Ian to Larkburger, the best burgers in the whole world, and then to ice cream in Edwards... where he ate half of his burger, begged for a milkshake and then only ate the candy out of his ice cream. Snot. He's awesome.

Two and half weeks until I'm in Vegas. Then (bwahahaha!) I get to meet David's new girlfriend. Her name is Meredith. I keep calling her Ursula in my head for some reason. David tried to tell me I was attempting to associate her with the sea witch from The Little Mermaid. That was hateful. I adamantly denied the accusation at the time... and still do. Meh. That's the only time I'll see him this trip, though. The rest of the time I'll be with Jenny, Bee and my family. Because girls are better.

2 comment(s):

Jenny said...

Countdown to Kyria + Vegas!
WOO!

David said...

\/\/ØØ┬ ☺