My body hurts. Yesterday we took Matt and Zach out for the Community Pride Highway Clean Up for the Vail Valley. It was a great experience for them... and for us. I've never been one for community service. I wasn't raised to do it and, in the city, I never felt like it really made a difference. Up here, though, you SEE the difference. You see your neighbors out on the highway and your kids see other kids from their schools. And it was so incredibly satisfying to drive back down valley from Vail and see trash bag after trash bag lining the side of the highway and KNOW that I helped. That WE helped.
Most unusual thing picked up by our group: Urine bottles from truckers coming through the mountains.
Most unusual thing I picked up: Deer bones. At first I was grossed out... you know, because they still had fur on them down around the hooves. Then I found the spine bones. Nifty. I know, I'm gross. Still, they were neat.
Now, though, I hurt.



0 comment(s):
Post a Comment