Monday, April 23, 2007

This morning Michael asked me if we could have lunch together since he was going to be up-valley for the day getting reports in Avon. I had to decline... lunch meeting with the boss for the Sunshine Kids fundraiser coming up (more on this later, probably not tonight). He says "well, call me if anything changes" so, when the meeting got canceled I sent him a note and let him know. He made the hour drive up and we went for lunch in the Main Street Grill in The Riverwalk, where I'm working this week filling in for one of the office managers. It was really nice, being able to take an hour... walking to the restaurant for lunch and then over to the coffee shop. So I asked him what he was doing after lunch and he says he's driving back to Glenwood. I'm totally taken off guard... what? Apparently half way through the morning he discovered he didn't need to come up-valley but he wanted to have lunch with me so he told the guys he had a personal appointment and drove the hour up-valley from Glenwood... then had lunch with me for an hour... and then made the trek back down -valley to work. How awesome is that? My husband took a three hour lunch today to have a meal with me.

And then we had Starbucks.

The End.

3 comment(s):

Unknown said...

It never ceases to amaze me how incredibly lucky some of us are! We can strive to be worthy of it if it happens to come our way, but you can't "earn" a love like that ... it has to be given freely from the heart of another.

From one lucky girl to another, congratulations (and give him an extra smooch from me for being so friggin' adorable)!

P.S. Is it true you are going to be in Vegas over Memorial Day weekend?!?!? Please say it is, cause I will be too!

Kyria said...

YES! and YAY!

I get into town on Sunday night and I'm there until Wednesday morning.

Unknown said...

That is marvelous! Oh, and we are still trying to figure out if there is a route that will take us through both New Orleans and your neck of the woods and still get us to Vegas in 8 days.

*smooch*