Thursday, May 31, 2007

I am exhausted. We got back from Vegas last night around 1:30am... bed came even later (or earlier, depending on your point of view.) The trip was nice. We went to Utah for a couple of days and I got to laze around in a hammock for two days and go fishing. Then out to Vegas where, not surprisingly, there was drama. I found out on the way from Utah to Vegas that David had broken is leg while water skiing on Friday. So, Jenny and I went to see him on Sunday night when I got in. The nurse informed us that his wife was helping him shower.


*blink* Wife? Okay... whatever. Well, I had just gotten in and had late
dinner plans with Mike so my David visit would have to wait until the following morning (honestly, I didn't plan to go back but guilt got the best of me. I mean, he was my best friend once... what do you do, right?)

I have to tell you though, that they have something awesome at the new St. Rose campus... A SMOKERS' POLE!! HA!


Mike said we should put pride stickers on it. I love him.



So anyway, Mike and I headed back to see David on Monday morning. Suck. He's so lucky I was up early. I get there and meet the Missus, his girlfriend of 6 months, Meredith. She's... quiet. Really quiet. Not the best of circumstances to get to know her, obviously, which is just fine because I've heard it's a daunting task anyway. This sounds really mean but, seriously, I have better things to do with my time than expend energy on getting to know someone I will see only in passing and only very occasionally... especially when there's no interest on their part in helping that process along. You know? Okay, so David's leg... It's really, really gross.

Here, look:
See the oozing? Oooooozing. So nasty.

His dad (Marvin) asked him if he had knives and forks coming out of his leg. That made me happy.




After seeing David on Monday we took the boys and my nieces and nephew to Chuck E Cheese where I met up with my friend Kim and her husband, Don. :) I love them. They're great people. We're planning a big trip to Disneyland with them next summer. I'm more excited about it than I can express here. I could pee myself. Mike is less gleeful but still pretty excited... and so long as he actually gets in the car when it's time to go, I'm good. Following the madhouse pizza adventure we met my ex-husband at the hotel pool and let all of the kids swim and then headed out to my parents for a barbecue. It was a great, relaxing afternoon of sitting under patio misters and eating steaks. Saturday night was a cluster. We were meeting friends at Jillian's but it closed so we migrated over to another bar across the way... then migrated again to PT's. I think that once everyone was in PT's it was better. More relaxed, closer to home and it's PT's... we always have fun there.



Tuesday didn't go as planned. I had made tentative plans to meet Danielle for lunch but Mike and I ended up skipping lunch and I forgot to call her and then, at the end of the day, I saw that I missed a call from her. I feel crappy about the whole thing and I need to call her and apologize. Mike and I did get some shopping done, despite our seven year-old's whining endeavor to just go sit in the shade somewhere and rest.

Tuesday night was sushi. I love teh sushi.

AND THEN....


I got my nose re-pierced. I love it. love it love it love it.

That's mostly the end. We left Monday after Matt's ortho appointment and some lunch. I kidnapped the Jenny and will be taking her hiking with me this weekend. Right now, though, I'm just really tired.

0 comment(s):