I get a call at work today around 4pm. It's Zach. He sounds fairly panicked... you know? Like he knows he's in trouble or something is wrong. So I ask, "what's going on" and he says "Matt just broke his finger"
*blinks*
It turns out that my children were fighting over who got to put the trash bag in the trash can. I know, I know. You only WISH your children were so dedicated to their chores. But, hey... the spat turned into blows. Matt punched Zach in the head twice and Zachary got in a couple of kidney shots on Matt before it calmed down enough for them to realize that, um, something was BROKEN. Matt was in some pretty intense pain from what I could tell on the phone... and once he told me that his knuckle looked like it was flat and shoved back, I was on my way home. We get to the doctor, Matt had been iced for about 20 minutes and wasn't having any pain, and we tell the guy what happened. The doctor laughed. Really, laughed. By this point, I recognized the comedy in the situation... he punched his brother in the head. It's funny. But still. Then he says "well, I'm not comfortable setting this... we're going to refer you to a hand specialist"
*blinks*
So, Matt is now splinted in some hideous looking semi-cast and I'll be making an appointment for him to see the specialist tomorrow since it was so late when we finally finished with the doctor in Eagle.
Pictures... just for you!




1 comment(s):
OW! That looks really painful! :-(
Post a Comment