It's been more than two weeks since I've posted and I can't even begin to express in writing how horrifically busy I've been. But, you know, I'll try.
Where did we leave off? Ian's stitches? Well, he had them removed... and loved having them removed. He is required to wear sunscreen every time he exposes his face to the vast wilderness that is outside... which is fine. Except (of COURSE there's an except) he is allergic to the sunscreen that we originally used on him. He broke out in this horrible patch of dry skin that felt kind of like orange peel. Nasty. So we switched (to a sunscreen that actually smells like orange peel) and it's working better. The dry skin aggravated the scar, though, so where there was a thin line on his lip there is now a very red line and little Frankenstein looking sewing marks from the stitches. Yeah. We're using Maderma for kids at night. Smells like grape. You know, on his lip. I had to taste it to make sure that he wouldn't lick it off. It absolutely does not taste like grape.
Matt had his cast removed. Nasty blobs of skin came off after. it was like peeling only way, way worse. Now his palm is peeling. I really hope it's from the cast coming off and not some other nefarious cause or my son has a real problem.
My sister, Megan, had her baby. It was girl. So sweet. Mallory Ava Estes. :) We love her.

My sister, Tara, moved in with her three children. This is temporary, until her house sells. She's really trying so hard and doing such an awesome job that I can't complain. The stress is already getting to both of us, I can tell. I have to tell you though, damn my sister can cook. She made us Peruvian food. Yum.
So, that brings us to Willow. Willow moved in. She washed all of her clothes before she left but I'm re-washing everything she owns. Even pillows. Everything smells awful. The stench makes me think of smoking meat... except you don't want to eat it. Blech.
I think that's mostly it. I'm tired. I'm cranky. I'm giving up ice cream to keep Willow from inundating my pantry with potato chips (I give up something and so does she). So, you know, I'm going to be crankier.
*sighs* Wish my luck. I'll keep you posted. Hopefully.
Oh, and we have a spider/pet/garage sentinel. His name is Steve. He's huge. He spins enormous webs in the corner of the garage and eats bugs. He is so going to freak my mom out when she comes to visit next week.





4 comment(s):
Thank God you are back! I have been looking and looking. So happy!
1. Steve is scary and only YOU would be so happy to have this behemuth creature in your dwelling. More power to you.
2. Glad things are working out with Tara. How are the kids adjusting?
3. THRILLED to hear Willow is there with you. I hope it turns out to be as good a move as I think it will be.
4. Even if there ends up being a small scar on Ian's face... he is adorable and will pull it off, and secondly -- chicks dig scars :-)
5. Did I mention how happy I am to see you back blogging. VERY cool.
Re: spider
JESUS CHRIST WOMAN IS THAT A WEB PUPPY?!
Steve is cool
Keds - Thanks lady. I saw you were back up and blogging again, too. Good for you!
Jenny - Yes, yes he is a web puppy. He's almost as cute as Pagan. I seriously called Tara the first day Willow was there without me and told her to make sure that Willow didn't kill Steve.
Ken - Steve is the coolest.
Post a Comment