Friday, August 3, 2007

A little less excitement please.

I get a call at work yesterday afternoon from Matt. "Mom, Ian's hurt really bad. I think he needs stitches"

A dog bit Ian in the face. He did, indeed, need stitches. Not JUST stitches, mind you. He had to be taken to the Glenwood Springs ER to see the Emergency Plastic Surgeon.

Pressing questions:
Is Ian okay?
He's doing fine. He's much happier today than he was yesterday. He said the bite itself didn't hurt and his lip was kind of numb afterward. It was all of the blood that was scary. It was pooling in his hands and had covered both of his arms to his elbows. Scary for an adult... imagine if you were 6. :( And then poor Matt. He was such a trooper, though. Got the bleeding under control and called me. I was very proud of him. The only real pain Ian had was when they shot his face full of local so they could sew him up!

Will he have a scar?
Yes. We won't know the extent of that scar for at least a year.

Is the dog current on vaccinations?
Yes... but just to reinforce the sense of safety that gives me, the county is fed-ex'ing the dog to the state to rush his quarantine (Blood tests to ensure he doesn't have rabies as opposed to the ten day wait).

Whose dog was it?
The neighbors'. Two little kids are very unhappy today because their dad is having the dog put down. I feel terrible about it, really. My dog is a part of my family. I can only guess at what they must be going through. :(


Ready for my close up

Wow, this sucks

Stop taking my picture, already....

Those shots in my face HURT

Ice cream? What? Okay, I'm good!

1 comment(s):

Carolyn said...

I hope that August is a better month for you!!!!