Friday, December 7, 2007

Ian is in count-down mode. I hear every morning exactly how many days to his Holiday Show (5), how many days until we leave for Grandma's house (7) and how many days until Christmas (18). We're all excited, mind you... but Ian saw the bulges in the stockings over the fire place andb started the count-down to finding out what's in them.

It's snowing, finally. The snow is heavy and wet. It's the wettest winter I've seen in the three I've had out here. Walking out to my car isn't about slipping on ice this year... it's about making sure my pants are hiked up so as not to become saturated by the slush that has permeated my driveway. It's a disgusting mix of snow, water and dirt. Up valley, though, is a whole other story. It's still very wet... but the snow is thick and ski-worthy. The boys head to the slopes tomorrow for their first snowboarding day of the season and they're more than excited.

My house is decorated. I have presents beginning to take over my closet. I have a camera at the ready. And still... it doesn't feel like Christmas yet. I wonder if it's just because I'm not really doing much this year... or because I haven't started the wrapping. The wrapping is more fun than the gifts for me.... I dunno, though. Maybe it's just the waiting. With my sisters here I feel like I'm often just waiting for the next round of drama to start and after the emotional disaster that was my pre-Thanksgiving experience, I think maybe I'm subconsciously keeping myself from getting into the holiday spirit just to safeguard my sad self. Wow. Did you like that pity-party? It's true, though. I think maybe I'm just... disheartened.

We get the new car in a week. I'm not sure how many of you know about the fabulousness that is our new car... but we have a new car. It's a 2007 Subaru Impreza. Just the base model... which is totally fine because we got a pretty decent deal. It's black with gray and black interior. And, of course, the standard AWD that I'm so excited about. David has been laughing at me because I keep asking him questions... but I figure he's the one to ask, right? Right. I'll take pictures once we have it and post them then. *excited*

0 comment(s):