Wednesday, March 5, 2008

There's been so much going on I barely know where to start. I lost my job with Pru. I don't really know the real why of it except that they were "reducing" the position and taking the office manager role to a part time position... but whatever. They were nice and paid me out for two weeks... which was perfect. I ended up with a new job after a week and a day. Awesome. So, my new job is great. I'm learning a lot and I'm busier than I have been in all of my time at Pru. It's nice. Really really nice. The people are great and relaxed. I get to wear jeans to work everyday for the first time in like 9 years or something. And I make about the same pay. What can I complain about? Nothing. It's great.


Disney is paid for. Working on getting some stuff done with the van now. Upkeep on an old car is a pain... but still, while I have the payment on the Subaru, I have to keep the van going until we can get a new one. So, yeah. Expensive but less expensive than a new car.

Jenny is due to have her baby ANY DAY NOW. It's crazy. I have stuff for her in my closet and I've been too busy to ship it. I'll have to put that on my list for this Saturday.

My landlord just told me he's selling the place. So, I can buy it... or move. We'll see how it goes. *sighs* I hate the moving crap... but I'm not sure I want to own a place yet. I know, I know. Still, I like the portability of renting. Being able to just leave if I want to.

My kids are great. Mike is great. My job is great. Life is good right now. I'm still way too busy for words but that doesn't seem really new.

Spring is coming. Warmer days, less snow and the stupidness that is daylight savings time. I hate it... but now it'll be light enough when I get home to go a-walkin'. Sweet.

2 comment(s):

New White Keds said...

So glad to hear form you again! Was misisng the Ky fix. Congrats on the new job. I know how stressful it can be when you get laid off, so I am super happy for you that you landed a new gig so quickly. Yay!

BUY A HOUSE! LOL... It is not as "committed" as you think. If you want to leave, you can leave and just rent it out to someone else. The tax write off is amazing, AND , now is the time to buy. You could get a wonderful place for less than you are paying in rent most likely, and it dos not even have to be the house you are in. Just my unrequested 2 cents :-)

So happy for you for Disney! Did Ken tell you we are going to Orlando in April? My first time to Disney WORLD -- I grew up at the Land, but now am graduating to the WORLD :-)

Ken said...

Glad to hear you are working again. I know you were starting to go stir crazy, but a little sad you aren't online more often. Oh well.

I have to agree with Amy on this one. Buy a house. It's a buyers market right now, even with the credit crunch. You should at least see how much house you guys can afford. Rates are still low right now. I know you like the portability of renting, but you really like it there and now is the time to try and grab something. Besides, I know it would make Mike happy to own a house...