Wednesday, August 6, 2008

You know, I'm really tired. I woke up this morning feeling really done... like, "holy crap, i need 15 more hours of sleep" done. It's nearly 10pm now and I'm feeling the same way I did this morning. The funny thing is that I don't really like going to bed. I don't feel like I get my down time with Mike. I curled up next to him watching tv last night and promptly fell into a sleep so deep even my snoring didn't wake me. Mike saying "honey, we're going to bed now" did... but only because he tried to get up at the same time. This weekend isn't going to help things, either. I'm excited about Yellowstone and all... but the combination of the 9 hour drive to Cody, the BBQ with the grandparents, the shopping and then the 1 1/2 hour drive up to the cabin on Saturday isn't sending "wow" signals to my brain. On Sunday we're probably going to hit part of the park, which Michael has never seen, and then go horse-back riding that afternoon. That evening we'll probably do a birthday dinner for Mallory and Ian and then hit the hay early from the sheer exhaustion that will over come us all. I hope. I hope a lot. Monday we'll be in the park all day... Maybe we'll spot some wildlife (the boys saw a wolf last time, which is a rare sight even in Yellowstone) and take in some of the geothermal attractions. I think Yellowstone is where I fell in love with the Rockies... I hope Mike loves it as much as I do. And I'm really excited to see my grandparents' cabin. The one I went to as a teenager burned down in the big fire and this is the one they built to take its place. The thing sleeps 16 or something crazy like that. Then it's back home on Tuesday. We're going to leave super early to catch some of the meteor shower that morning. I'm taking Wednesday off just for good measure. And sleep. And laundry. And more sleep. I'm going to nap a lot on Wednesday.

0 comment(s):