My son, Zach, just turned 15. Do you know what that means? I had my second baby 15 years ago. Isn't that crazy?
It's been really perfect here lately. I can't complain. Cold in the morning. Warm afternoons... occasional rain, the kind that's soft, like snow... and it spawns these amazing rainbows! So beautiful. The leaves are yellow and orange and the air is crisp. And the colors extend beyond the brightness of the leaves. The too-blue sky peeking through the layers of hazy rain clouds that, spanning every shade of gray I've ever seen, have settled into the dark red of the canyons. It's really amazing and I wish photos did the scene justice. I'm not talented enough to capture it, though, so I don't try. It's supposed to snow this weekend. I love the energy that this time of year brings. The lazy days of summer coming to a slow end.
My husband makes me happy. I want to say he's perfect... but he's not. He's just perfect for me. All of the words I think of to describe how much I appreciate him, how utterly remarkable he is, seem so trite and unworthy of the emotions I feel when he is near me. I really do fall in love every time I look at him. I'm so unbelievably lucky.
So hey... Christmas is coming!



1 comment(s):
You are such a homosexual.
Post a Comment