Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Well, I've been busy. Christmas was a whirlwind of people. Christmas Eve we went to my sister's house and had chili and chit-chatted the night away. I can't really remember why we all went. I remember that Meg wasn't going to be able to make it over for breakfast... so mebbe that was it. I don't know how many of you are aware of this but we don't do a big dinner thing for Christmas. My family has always done Christmas breakfast instead. My dad is the cook, and makes an amazing omelet.... but considering he hasn't been able to make it out the last couple of years, I've picked up the spatula and taken over the eggs. Breakfast was awesome. We had an egg scramble (because who wants to flip freakin' eggs anyway?) with veggie sausage and onions, peppers and cheese, pancakes, muffins, bacon... you know. Breakfast stuff. And mimosas. Tasty goodness in the morning. Obviously, we got up super early so the kids could all get their gifts unwrapped prior to everyone getting here. But, you know, it wasn't too bad. So, Christmas flew by in a hurry but New Year's didn't come soon enough. David was coming to visit and the days crept by. But, as is often the case when you spend time with those you love, the days flew by once he was here. It was so good to see him. We really did nothing at all. Sat around and watched movies and played games and talked. I missed him more than I realized, I think. I mean, I wouldn't see him any more if he were in Vegas... but Japan is just so far away. It's hard to imagine another year without his face.

So, now, I'm back at work feeling vaguely nauseous and in some pretty intense pain. My neck has been killing me since Thanksgiving. I have no idea what I did to it but I wish I could undo it. I went to see the chiropractor and he popped it but that's what brought on the nausea and the pain only dissipated for a few days and now it's worse than ever. I made an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow... hopefully he'll know what to do. Wish me luck.

1 comment(s):

David said...

I had a great time out in Colorado. It was really nice just to relax and de-stress at the end of a jam-packed vacation in a warm home as lovely as yours. Thanks again for putting me up. =)

Is your neck pain finally gone?