Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I know it's been a while. I've suffered a lack of desire to post coupled with limited material. Not like I really need material. I've just been moving kind of slow lately... letting things happen around me. Realizing that time keeps marching on. Life is finite. It makes me sad but, at the same time, so incredibly grateful for all that I have in my life.

Today it snowed while the sun was out. I was toasty inside my car, warmed by the sun shining through my windshield, while snow floated around me. It was pretty spectacular. Then I realized I was grinning like and idiot and I turned some music on. You know, so I could sing in my car and still look like an idiot. Then, while I was stopped at an intersection on my way to pick up Ian at the after school program, I saw a bunch of the kids outside playing on the swings at the school, with snow all around them, and I thought how perfect everything was in that moment. Jack Johnson playing in the background, the sun, the snow, the swings. Perfection in February.

Last weekend we went out to Cedar City to surprise Mike's mom. She screamed and cried when she saw us at the door. It was awesome. We spent the weekend eating too much food (damn the Ruffles and onion dip) and relaxing. Mike finished reading Marley and Me while I finished off Atonement... we left Mike's choice for his mom to read, knowing she'd love it. Atonement came home with me, never to be read again. It is just as depressing, though beautiful, as the movie. Jenni was able to groom Pagan for us. My dog has returned to me. Seriously, he was starting to look like a Yeti. Ridiculous amounts of fur. I was all kinds of proud when Jenni told me he only had one knot. My dog is a pain in the ass to brush. Worth it, really... because he's the best dog ever.

So, that's all I really have right now. I need to go make chicken in chile cream sauce now. That and love my kids s'more.

1 comment(s):

Carolyn said...

Sounds perfect.
Miss you, glad things are good for you and yours.