I haven't blogged in a while because I've been busy. Very, very busy. A couple of weeks ago Mike and I took a trip out to Cedar City to drop the kids off for their vacations. Matt and Zach went with their dad and his girlfriend, Patty, on a rafting trip on the American River and then into San Francisco (see me jealous) and, finally, into Lake Elsinore to visit family. Ian, on the other hand, is spending the two weeks with his grandparents. He has been schooling the grandparents on the joys of the Wii. It sounds like all of the boys are enjoying themselves immensely and that makes me happy... but I miss them. A lot. Mike and I have spent our time cleaning up and winding down. On Friday Bianca came into town with her friend Christy. We did the whole "go to Vail" thing... it rained. A lot. We were all fairly soaked by the end of the day on Saturday but, lucky for us, it was clear and beautiful on Sunday and we spent the day touring the Farmers' Market. They headed back to the airport Monday afternoon.
On another note all together - Many of you already know that my biological father headed out of my life when I was about eight. Well, a couple of years ago I discovered where he was. I haven't had any strong desire to contact him but I started thinking: what if he tried to find us and couldn't? So, two years after I found him, I wrote him a letter. Yesterday, I received a letter in return. He seems very excited to have heard from me and wants me to call him. I'm afraid I'm not ready for that kind of a leap yet, though. Plus, he signed the letter "Dad" and that weirds me out a little. I mean, I have my dad. I dunno. A little shell shocked, I guess. Anyway, wrote him back and we'll see how it goes. I hope it goes well. I don't know what I expected but, seriously, I think a part of me didn't expect to hear back from him. Either way, the ball is rolling now. It's sure to be an adventure!



0 comment(s):
Post a Comment