Friday, August 7, 2009

We're three weeks from lift-off and I'm uncomfortably aware that I am not as prepared as I'd like to be. Ian is completely packed, Matt and Zach are missing odds and ends, Michael isn't even started and I'm about 80% there. There's so much still to do, though. Michael is having work done on the van. $850 later we should have a vehicle that doesn't try to poison you with burning oil (YAY) and then we'll begin to get the tires replaced. Our goal on that one is "sometime before winter". You'd think that would give us a decent window but it doesn't. "Winter" here is "fall" everywhere else. That's okay, though. We'll deal. Aside from the car stuff, Pagan has an appointment at the vet's office. He needs to be all caught up on his shots in order to have him boarded while we're on vacation. That's not so bad, I guess. Just a couple of things to worry about. Oh, and Zach and I need to pick up our new glasses (Matt already got his) and Michael needs to head to the doctor. Pain in his foot. Not so good, you know, considering we're going to be walking for 7 days straight. So, yeah, a busy couple of weeks on the horizon. All of the package stuff gets here on Monday and I'm sure that actually seeing the tickets will kick my not-so-good-at-planning-ass into high gear.

1 comment(s):

New White Keds said...

SO. EXCITED. TO. SEE. YOU!!!!!!