I am very, very tired. Since about Thanksgiving I've been having issues with my neck and, if I let myself get to a certain point, it is exceedingly painful. Painful to the point where I can't sleep well because lifting my head to turn it in the night wakes me. I've been taking Advil when it gets bad and Vicodin when it gets really bad... but for the most part I've kept it pretty controlled with stretches and conscious muscle relaxation when I'm getting ready to sleep. Also, I sleep with a pillow under my knees and a down pillow rolled up under my neck. Yes, I do have a neck pillow... it hurts. I can no longer sleep on my side. I can't sleep in any position other than flat on my back. This does not a happy Kyria make. Anyway, Mike and I were at Costco and found these great down alternative pillows and, since we needed new pillows anyway (seriously, we did), we went ahead and bought them. They didn't work out so well for me. No, not so much. I ended up waking with some fairly horrendous pain in the middle of the night to switch out my brand new pillow with my trusty old down one. I was sad and angsty and just generally not pleasant about it. I hurt all the next day (which was yesterday). 'Hurt' as in could barely move without some level of discomfort. So, when bedtime rolled around, I took a Vicodin. I obviously did not consider how my weekend of little sleep would impact me this morning. Needless to say, my lunch today will be spent curled up in my bed at home or with my head on my desk, happily passed out.
On another note, we're thinking of moving. More updates on this later.
Hope everyone had a wonderful New Year!



1 comment(s):
My wife can probably fix that. I could too, but my method would be more violent.
Post a Comment