I'm excited and disappointed at the same time. We have been visiting our soon-to-be home and noticed that the construction was moving along at a suspiciously slow rate. So slow, in fact, that for days at a time we couldn't say that they had done anything at all. Concerned about this lack of progress given our "omg moving in a week and a half" status, we called the owners and asked if the timeline had changed. Well, yes. Yes it did. They had just finished talked to the contractor when we called and found out they wanted to push the finish date out to the 7th of April from the 26th of March. So, blahblahblah, we're not moving the weekend of the 10th. That's fine... we did some sweet talking to our current landlord and he talked to his new renters (YAY he got new renters!) and it's all worked out... but still. That's 10 extra days. We decided this would be the PERFECT time to put off packing and go visit Mike's mom... you know, with the kids out of school next week, me out of work until the 1st and a few extra days to make it up later. I have to figure out how to make it all work, though, because my aunt passed away and, while I wasn't close to her, I feel like I should see my family. Specifically, my grandmother. She's 86 and this is the third of her children to pass... and also her favorite. So, a trip to Vegas is almost a must. It'll be another too-busy weekend, for sure.



0 comment(s):
Post a Comment