Thursday, October 28, 2010

The weather has changed from brisk autumn to frigid winter in just a couple of days. I'm ready for summer and it's not even November yet.

Yesterday I lost my cousin. He was 28 years old. His son found him. No one knows what happened... he was so young. I just keep remembering him standing at the patio door when he was maybe 6 years old, watching his little sister play. He was 28 years old and every time I think of him he's 6, looking in at us through the open sliding glass door while his mom talks to my mom. I think of that little boy, think of the man he became that I barely knew, and I cry.

Stress has been something of a constant in my life lately. I'm always a little unsure of my employer just because I work with Mike. The owner tells me how happy he is but, when it comes down to it, I get a little on the nervous side. I love my job, I'm really good at my job... But it's a struggle every single day. There's never a day that goes by that I don't have to fight to be happy there. Plus, I've found out recently that one of the girls in the office is documenting issues she has with me. This would be totally fine except that I found the document (because she saved it on the server... duh.) and, I kid you not, it's LIES. Like, all of it. She's fabricating shit about me. On top of this I'm dealing with musical warfare. She goes around the office and turns up the volume everywhere. Sometimes I come into my office in the morning and she's messed with the volume in MY OFFICE. Who does that? Seriously?? She's going to force me to take back my XM. You all know how much I hate to be bitchy that way... yeah.

1 comment(s):

David said...

Yeah, the weather here did the exact same thing, and now it's suddenly warmer again. Like "short sleeves and no jacket" warmer.

What was your cousin's name, and how is his son doing?

Catty office queens are everywhere. You're good at office politics when you want to be. I just hope she doesn't wear you down so much you stop caring.