I think this is going to be my official Q1 update. Early into April and I have to say, the year is going fabulously.
The year began with me not really sure what I was going to do, employment-wise. I had accepted a job with another company in early December, a company that I had worked for before and filled with people I sincerely enjoy. Late in December I was, quite literally, begged to remain in the Business Manager role I had been filling since April of 2010 while the person that was the cause of my initial resignation was let go. I was very torn. I recognized that not everyone was in such a position, being able to pick from two great jobs and while I was frustrated and conflicted, I was grateful for the ability to choose. Like most things related to employment it really ended up coming down to money and benefits. Fortunately, my employer realized he had put me in a bad spot and gave me the opportunity to work part time with the other company in order for them to properly hire and train someone to replace me. So, starting in mid-January, I began working two jobs. It was fun, though sometimes stressful, to be able to mix my week up.. Yesterday was my last day with them, though, and I'm sad to be letting them go... but relieved to be able to focus all of my attention where it's needed. I really do love them and I'm sad to part ways with such great people.
We are planning our way to financial success. What does that mean, exactly? I'm not entirely sure on most days. I can tell you that planning this Disney trip doesn't make me cringe inside at the amount of money we're spending. This is the last trip we're sure we'll be able to take with all of the boys, considering Matt is in college and Zach graduates next year. It was a last chance kind of thing... and we're okay. Even splurging in ways we didn't the first couple of times, we're okay. That makes me feel pretty amazing. Together we've worked really hard to get where we are and it made me beam with pride when Mike could walk into the car dealership and walk out with .9% financing. There was a time not very long ago when that goal seemed so very unattainable. We'll be completely debt free, with the exception of his car loan, before the end of the year, even taking the Disney trip into consideration. I can't help but be thrilled with where we are right now. Mike likes to give me all of the credit... and I let him. This is something I know I'm good at and it makes me happy that he knows it, too.
Fitness hasn't been a strong point for me over the winter. Winter is always difficult for me. So, you know, Q1 kinda sucked in that regard. I haven't gained any weight... but I haven't lost any, either. I'm lazy and I like to sit and read and be warm. People that run when there's snow on the ground make me want to throw up. With the weather warming up I've been better. Mike and I have been out walking three times this week.... and one of those days was wet and rainy and yuck. I had every reason to bow out, and he would have let me, but I didn't. I like feeling the commitment. I like knowing that I can control this part of my life. I don't HAVE to be this way. It's a choice. I do have to confess, though, that my sister telling me about how she wanted to lose 75 lbs in a year and then whining because all she eats is pizza and potato chips kind of motivated me in a way nothing else could have. I really don't want to be that person. Also, I get to be Matron of Honor in a wedding next year. Who wants to look hot in her dress? That'd be me.
I didn't really update on the boys today because this was more about me. I feel like all too often I drop in, post about some random thing that's going on, gush about my perfect children, and then abandon the blog for weeks. While I don't write this for anyone but myself, for my own perusal at later dates, I really do want to write about things going on in my life... not just in theirs. I feel like I'm such a lucky mom. My kids really are all I could hope for, but they aren't all that I am.



0 comment(s):
Post a Comment