I am so freaking lazy.... but at least I smell good. I'm not one of those lazy people who have stopped grooming themselves. I shower regularly. I wash my hair. I wear antiperspirant AND perfume. Makeup sometimes finds its way onto my face. I know... I look in the mirror sometimes and I'm like "whoa". I mention this because I hate to exercise. I love the way it feels to run. I miss how the wind feels against my face. I absolutely abhor the asthma-like attack and bodily shutdown I experience in the middle of my moment of bliss. Why? Because it's no longer a moment of bliss when you feel like you're dying. Or maybe it is for some people. It's not for me. So... I don't move as much as I should. I know.
Yesterday my youngest son blew his nose so hard he started to bleed. He's pretty susceptible to massive traumatic bleeding from his face so I didn't think much about it. Gave him a napkin, told him to pinch the bridge of his nose, blahblahblah. A few minutes later the bleeding stopped so I had him come sit by me, gave him a tissue to stuff up his nose in case he started to ooze again, and started to watch TV. I hear sniffling. I look over and my son sneezes... then laughs. Then he does it again. I am kind of snickering a little because I know what the problem is. The tissue is irritating the inside of his nose. So, he sneezes again, he laughs again. He's still laughing as I say, "Let's just take the tissue out. You're not bleeding anymore." and reach over for the tissue. Then it hits me... the shower of snot and spit that my son, in one last horrible sneeze, couldn't contain. I freeze. I am covered in snot. Seriously, I can't see out of my glasses... it's in my hair... it's horrific. My son cannot stop laughing. I look at him with a look that means death to any child with a mother as frightening as I can be... and he gasps between his peels of laughter, "YOU LOOK SO FURIOUS!" and then buckles over and laughs s'more. I turn to look at Mike... Mike is cracking up. I don't know what to do. I'm angry but I can't stop the giggles from escaping my reluctant, snot covered lips. Really, who does this happen to? Me, that's who.
We leave for Disney in just 10 days and I don't know what I'm more excited about. There's so much that we're doing this trip that we haven't done before... and I'm really happy to be able to see my family, though only briefly, as we travel through Vegas. They make me crazy, but I love them.



0 comment(s):
Post a Comment