Friday, July 29, 2011

It's Friday, the last Friday in July... where has the year gone? Everything is going pretty well. We're strapped for cash but it's because we're throwing it all at our credit card debt. Knowing that you're pulling yourself out of debt makes throwing all of your money at it okay, right? Right. So, broke, but not really broke.
We're already thinking/planning/dreaming our next vacation, two summers from now... wondering if we'll have 3 of the kids with us or just 2... or just 1.
Busy being a total mom about Matt heading off to college early next year, Zach graduating next summer, Ian starting middle school. I feel like I walk around perpetually proud and anxious at the same time.
Trying new things. I never want to lose my curiosity about food/art/love. I want to look at my husband every day and know that no matter how well I know him, he is an individual with depths of feeling I will never truly grasp. I want to appreciate him.... and his spaghetti. That was not a metaphor. Tasted cucumber soda yesterday. Mmmm. Thinking about making my sister a windchime out of the bottles.
I found out that Pete is not my biological father. My mother and I talked for more than an hour about her life, her family and my conception. I love my mom. I feel reconnected. I want to buy her a present, I want to send her something nice that will tell her "I appreciate you".
I want to sing for my grandma.
Right now, though... I just want lunch.

0 comment(s):