Well, clearly, I'm back from Disneyland. I'm also, less clearly, working.
First the Disneyland update: It was so fucking crowded I almost killed one random guy who, when I told him his stroller was on my foot, kindly told me there was no place else to put it. Yes, yes... really. The food was awesome if expensive. The cast members were 98% awesome. The Grand California Hotel was beautiful and we had a great view but, as I always feel with Disneyland Resort Hotels, the housekeeping was lacking. Overall, the experience was fantastic... just a little bit exhausting. I only had to threaten the children with painful death once.
Work is just like we left it and then some. Nothing exciting. I can say that, between Mike and I, we left for vacation with a hefty bonus. Everyone loves a hefty bonus, right?
It's been warm here. It's raining in the afternoons like it used to when we moved here 6 years ago. It's beautiful. It's lush in the summer rains. The shades of green form a patchwork on the mountains until, turning to granite and snow, they hit that blue-bird sky that Colorado is so known for. The clouds drift like smoke over mountains and into canyons in different shades of white and gray, dropping water into the swollen rivers. When it rains it can pummel you until it hurts or, like today, barely touch your skin. I never get tired of it. I live here in the same wonder I felt when I visited so many years ago. How lucky am I to be so in love? With my husband, my children and my home?
So lucky.



1 comment(s):
Beautifully vivid imagery makes it clear why you love your adopted state. =)
Post a Comment