Back Home
At last! The trip to Vegas was full of interesting times. My family is fun (read "complicated"). I don't want to say anything bad because there really isn't anything bad to say. They are who they are. I love them. The majority of the time was spent with friends. Eating out and having a good time. Throwing David and Bianca together in a room is always like conducting a chemistry experiment that gives you a different reaction every time you do it. Jenny and Mike are adorable and I'm so glad to see her in love. Megan and I had to leave a little early but I have to say that driving through the night with my sister is by far the most fun on a road trip a girl can have. She's hilarity in a size 1. Yes... I really did say size 1. I know it's not right but I swear she doesn't even look too thin. It's sick.
For those of you that don't know, I am job hunting. While in Vegas I get a call while I'm taking the boys to their dad's house and ask my sister, Mariah, to answer so I can figure out how to find his house. So, my sister being my sister, answers the phone and is all sweet... and then she notices the British accent. She thinks the guy on the phone is a friend of mine so she proceeds to MOCK him in his accent and gets all snooty. She doesn't do British well. So the guy on the phone is saying something I can't hear and I'm assuming she's messing with my ex-husband. Then her face crumbles. She says "Oh god" and throws the phone at me. Doesn't say anything to the guy on the other end.... doesn't tell me who it is. It's a call from one of the lodges up here about an executive admin position I had applied for. Needless to say, after countless apologies, I had the worst interview of my life. It was levels of bad I had never experienced. Thankfully, the guy thinks I'm the funniest thing to ever walk the planet and asks for my resume. I had a phone interview with him yesterday. It was again trauma in a phone call. Horrid.... but he still thinks I'm just a natural comedian and I swear he calls me just to amuse himself. I told him he should let me talk to someone else so I could at least try to convince someone I was competent. So he's sending my resume to the general manager and I should have an interview shortly.
On another note, I'm happy. In the last three days I've seen robins, black birds (real ones, with the red and yellow on the wings), blue birds, deer and butterflies that I've only seen in books. Flowers are everywhere. I was taking Mike in to work and there was a haze in the air because of the humidity (a storm coming in) and he looks at me and says, "it looks kind of smoggy today, doesn't it?" I started laughing at him. He really needs to come back to Vegas with me in August.



1 comment(s):
We have haze, but it's because some mountain is burning.
Your sister mocked the interviewer? Let the mortification commence.
You win for cool blog updates today.
Post a Comment